Friday, January 13, 2012

Whats Going On?

Eek! Sorry for the prolonged silence. During this time of year the weeks just seem to fly by.

Okay quick recap on the races following Silver Star. I travelled to Rossland BC to compete in 2 more races before the Holidays. Skate Sprint and Skate 10km. I was pleased with both races. I was strong in the sprint race and almost made it to the A-final, but just missed out putting me in the B-Final, at which point I had very little steam left after giving it all on the my semi-final heat. So I ended up 12th for the day. The 10km race the next day was a slow start for me, but as the race went on I felt stronger and stronger as I started to move forward in position. I finished in 7th, but another couple hills or laps and I think I could have moved into the top 5.

Next up, Christmas Holidays! I had a wonderful couple of weeks, spending time with friends and family. I even managed to make it out to Nelson over New Years to do a little bit of ski touring. It was AMAZING!

I am now out west again in Whistler BC, competing back on the NorAm circuit. Yesterday was the first of 3 races this week, a 15km pursuit race. I have to say it was NOT one of my better races this year. My body just didn't have much in it for some reason. I finished the race quite far back, but decided to put it behind me and do everything I could to recover and focus on the the next 2 races.

And thats were I stand at the moment. Tomorrow is a skate sprint followed by a 10km individual start on Sunday. The weather has been beautiful and there is lots of snow. I intend to give the next couple days everything I have and hope to see some improvements in my results.

Competing on the the trails of the 2010 Olympics. Yes, that is me with my pony tail flying straight up in the air.

No comments:

What I Live By:

"Belief is the mother of reality. Excellence is a state of mind."

"A Bad day on skis is better then a good day at the office"

"There is NOTHING the body suffers, the soul may not profit by."

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right." -Henry Ford

Photos